Monday, June 2, 2014

Weekend Pride

This weekend started off REALLY slow! Saturday was one of those days where I just wasn't in the mood to do much of anything. So, well... I didn't! It was relaxing!

Well, come Sunday, I was looking at all the blocks I have. I am participating in three BOM's and a Quilting Bee. Plus I have a block swap that I need to finish up my blocks for because those are due this month. Then there is also the Grandma's Flower Garden which I began while we were on vacation. So I have BLOCKS everywhere!

Globetrotting BOM with Pat Sloan Aurifil BOM with Pat Sloan WNYMQG April Bee Blocks

Sunday was a day where I just spent sorting, cutting, and hand-piecing MORE blocks! HA! Sounds funny, I know - but I am two months behind with one of the BOM's - so I was getting all those cut. Then I spent part of the day hand-piecing more of the flowers for the garden.

I also spent some of the day reviewing notes for the Newbie-Blogger Blog Hop which I am participating in! It's a huge hop and you should really come check it out! It starts on June 4th...I have learned so much from this group of Bloggers and I feel very fortunate to be able to participate with this group.

Anyway, some of those notes have prompted me to make some changes to my blog, and I have a few more underway. It's been a great learning opportunity! So please check back on Wednesday so you can check out our blog hop!

Aurifil BOM with Pat SloanAnd my greatest source of pride this weekend - I was randomly selected as a winner of a box of Aurifil thread!!! I got an email from Pat Sloan and my block for the Aurifil BOM which I have been participating was randomly drawn as the winner... It is my first time since I began quilting that I have won anything!

I have two projects that I still need to quilt - I am hoping to get to those this week. So tell me... Do you ever feel overwhelmed by all the projects you have underway? I think the nice thing about BOMs is that you only have to make one or two blocks a month. Granted, it takes a long time to finish an entire project - but it leaves you time to work on other things throughout the month/year also.

If you have finished a BOM, share a link with me! I would love to see!

Until next time my quilty friends ~ PIECE!

Marcia }|{

5 comments:

  1. I am a one or two project at a time girl, so I haven't ever joined a BOM. After finishing or giving away all my UFOs last year, I don't want to have so many projects again. But some of your BOMs look so fun that I may have to reconsider. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just seeing if I'm having the same issue as Carole...

    Love the purple in your background. It's such a happy, cheery colour! How exciting to win a giveaway, and Aurifil thread?! Lucky duck :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcia, I love all the project blocks you have going on - especially the colorful squares on the black background. What pattern is that? I'd love to try something like that. I haven't looked at your blog changes yet, I was totally distracted (in a good way) by the great blocks in your post!! Lol.

    P.S. I think I fixed the "no-reply" blogger thing, but could you let me know? Thanks!
    bsellers21 (at) hughes (dot) net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those colorful blocks are from a Quilt Bee that my local guild WNYMQG is doing. I was Queen for the month of April and it was my block. You can find the tutorial I wrote for it here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1470716116495477.1073741851.1405611199672636&type=1&l=cb3158b0bd

      Delete